aeverie's thumbprint cookies
These cookies are so close to my heart. When my daughter was diagnosed with Celiac's and many food allergies I was moved by love to create a homemade cookie that was safe for her. A cookie a small child could hold, enjoy and be a toddler. They have been a HUGE hit for years in our home. From kids to adults alike these have been enjoyed at family gatherings, parties and just because it's a good day for cookies day. These cookies are top 8 free and can be made Paleo too! They are super simple to make, no refrigeration required and just 4 ingredients. I hope your family enjoys them as much as ours has!
Paleo version cookie pictured here
- 2 sticks Dairy Free Butter at room temp or (1 cup Shortening for PALEO and top 8 free version)
- 2 and 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Cups Gluten Free Flour or (PALEO version use 2 cups Tigernut flour or Cassava flour)
- 1/2 cup Powder sugar Wholesome powder sugar is CORN free
Direction: PREHEAT OVEN 350°
- Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper, grease or spray.
- Combine all ingredients in the mixer at medium speed for about 3 minutes. It will be a smooth consistency like a butter cookie.
- Scoop dough out on cookie sheet with small cookie scoop or shape into small balls.
- Press thumbprint into center of each cookie.
- Add spoonful of your favorite jelly, being careful not to overfill the wells.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Allow to cool before removing from cookie sheets.