green chile chicken pozole
What you need:
- 2 pounds skinless and boneless Chicken (breast, thighs or legs. I do Boneless/Skinless thighs and legs)
- 6 cups homemade low sodium broth (you can use store bought)
- 2.5-3 pounds Tomatillos
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 3 Jalapeños (seedless)
- 1 Tablespoons pink Himalayan salt
- 2- 25ounces Hominy (Drained) *You can replace this with white cauliflower, about 1-2 pounds diced*
7 ingredients thats it. Now you can make Pozole like your grandmother did, without all the labor.
- Clean and wash all your veggies, and remove the seeds for jalapeños.
- Place Tomatillos, cilantro and jalapeños in Blender
- Blend until no longer chunky. You want a smooth runny consistency.
- Add blender mixture to crockpot, along with 6 cups broth.
- Add chicken pieces, Hominy (drain water and discard) and salt to the crockpot and mix it all together.
- Cook on Low for 8 hours or High for 4 hours.
- Once done take out chicken and shred. Place back into crockpot and mix.
I have never been a cook. I had a fear of the kitchen, the fire was the main reason! I am a vegetarian, my husband and 8 year old daughter are carnivores. When it came to cooking my husband did that for our family. He made everything from meatballs to lasagna and side dishes that where always mouth watering. But I wanted to help, even though I baked homemade baguettes, sandwich bread, cupcakes, pies and home made ice cream, I felt a need to find a way to help my husband that worked long hours and never complained when cooking for us. So after I bought my pressure cooker the magic began. So I leave this now family loved Green Chile Chicken Pozole in your hands. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family has.