healthy no nut granola
Trying to find a safe and healthy granola that isn't high in sugar and that meets everyone's dietary needs and taste desires is almost close to impossible. My granola recipe is Gluten free, Dairy free, Soy free, Peanut free, Egg, Spice free and Tree Nut free due to several allergies in our home. So I put on my creative cap on and started experimenting with different ingredients. It took some time, but i'm happy to share this new family favorite staple. The best thing is you have so many options that it never has to be the same. I did all the hard work for you and I also share with you all the alternatives you can use in place of some ingredients.
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated Ginger for a mild taste (If you love Ginger you can use up to 1-2 Tablespoon)
- 1/2 cup Honey (Agave, Maple syrup, Lakanto maple syrup or liquid sweetener of choice)
- 1 Vanilla Pod or 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1 and 3/4 cup Rolled Oats
- 1 and 1/8 cup Quinoa flakes (or Barley flakes)
- 1/4 cup Oat brand (or Soy brand)
- 1/2 cup Quinoa puffs (Millet, Amaranth, Brown or White Rice puffs)
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin seeds (we use GoRaw) (you can use any preferred seed)
- 1/3 cupSunflower seeds (we use GoRaw) (you can use any preferred seed)
- 1/3 cup Raisins (or your preferred choice of dried fruit with NO added sugar)
- 1 Tablespoon Chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Flax seeds
Directions PREHEAT oven 250°
- Grade ginger and cut open the vanilla bean down its length using a knife. Scrape out the seeds using the dull side of your knife.
- In a small bowl and honey, ginger and the inside of the vanilla bean and mix together.
- Ina a large bowl mix together rolled oats, quinoa flakes, oat brand, quinoa puffs, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, raisins, chia seeds and flax seeds.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour dry ingredient mixture onto the baking sheet and spread evenly.
- Drizzle the honey mixture over the dry ingredient mixture.
- Now with a spatula mix the granola on the baking sheet until it is completely covered with honey. You will have to work the mixture since the honey is just enough for the mixture, hence the reason why I didn't have you mix it in the bowl. There is no honey to spare to leave behind.
- Once completely covered in honey spread out evenly again over the baking sheet.
- BAKE for 50-60 minutes (until golden on top, at 40 minutes I checked on it every 5 minutes)
- When done breaking let it cool completely about 20 minutes and then break into desired size pieces.