paleo Chocolate sunbutter filled cookies
Have you ever had a cookie that was so good you couldn't stop eating it? Well this is one of them, but these are Paleo, TOP 8 FREE and are healthy! So we can eat the whole batch on our own! It was a spur of the moment cookie and it was amazing tasting with the perfect combo of chocolate and SunButter. I hope your family loves them and maybe become a family tradition cookie to make together. My daughter loves to make the indent in the center of the cookie for the sunbutter to sit in. Happy baking!
Ingredients needed for the Crust
- 3/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 cup Cacao Powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup Agave (or your preferred sticky sweetener)
- 1/2 cup soft Coconut oil (I scrap the top of the solid coconut oil with a spoon. It should be like room temp butter)
- In a large bowl combine agave and coconut oil and mix until well combined.
- Add salt, coconut flour and cacao powder. mix until well combined and no chunks are found throughout the mixture.
- Use a small cookie scoop and place on a prepared cookie sheet (they don't spread)
- After all dough has been scooped make the indent on top with a finger.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Once done let them sit and cool for about 10 minutes. While they rest make the Sunbutter topping.
Ingredients for the Filling
- 1/2 cup Sunbutter
- 1 Tablespoon Agave (or your preferred sweetener)
- In a small bowl add sunbutter and agave, mix until well combined and becomes a paste.
- Split the mixture between the cookies once cooled and gently place them on top of the cookie. I use the same small cookie scoop and do half a scoop per cookie.
Ingredients needed for Chocolate topping
- Half a bag of dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon Coconut oil
- In a small pot add water and place a heat proof bowl over. Make sure the bowl does not touch the water.
- Once the water is boiling turn off heat and add chocolate to the bowl, let it sit until melted.
- Add the coconut oil and mix.
- Using a spoon top every cookie with a little or as much chocolate!