Tigernuts have a nutty taste, my husband says they taste like almonds. They are 100% Gluten Free, Top 8 Free, low in calories at only 70 calories per serving (20 tigernuts) zero trans fat, 100% organic and high in fiber. They are safe for Diabetics and those on the Paleo and AIP diet as well. In our home we love granola and are always looking for healthier ingredients and these little Tubers are just that. They have vitamin C, E and Iron. Hope your family enjoys our new grain free granola. You can find out more about Tigernuts USA HERE.
- 1 cup Peeled Tigenuts (soak overnight 8-12 hours)
- 1 cup Medjool Dates (Rancho Meladuco date Farm is what I personally use)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Coconut shreds
- 1/2 cup Cranberries
- 1/4 cup Tigernut oil (you can sub for melted and cooled coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup Sticky Sweetner (Maple, agave, honey)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Directions Preheat oven to 300°
- Soak your peeled tigernuts in water overnight or at least 8-12 hours.
- Add your soaked tigernuts, dates, coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut shreds, vanilla and salt to a processor and pulse until well combined and tigenuts are completely broken down. Your looking for a thick and chunky consistency. Add cranberries and mix in with spatula.
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Add mixture evenly like a crumble top to a cake.
- I mixed it through out the baking process to ensure a crispy granola.
- Bake 40-60 minutes mixing in between after the first 30 minutes. Baking is depending on your preference of crunch and color of your granola. I baked mine about 50 minutes.
- Once done baking let it cool completely so it gives your the crunch your looking for. Also if you want smaller pieces break after it is cooled.