Protein packed cookies
Today is international cookie day and I have a perfect cookie for you while staying on track. They are packed with protein and are cane sugar free. We always make our cookies gluten free, dairy free and nut free besides coconut which you can substitute with your safe oil. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup No sugar added seed butter (I used Beyond the equator)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup Just date syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons ZEGO Plant Protein
- 1 1/2 cups ZEGO Double Protein Oats
- 1/2 cup rice crisp cereal
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes unsweetened (I used toasted coconut flakes)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- OPTIONAL 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Add the seed or nut butter, coconut oil, date syrup, egg, vanilla, sea salt, and baking powder in the bowl, and mix until well combined.
- In the same bowl, add in the dry ingredients. Mix all ingredients until well combined.
- Use a cookie scoop. These cookies will not spread much, using wet fingers, press the cookies down. Add a couple of marshmallows on top of each cookie.
- Bake for 11 minutes. Cookies will look under-baked in the centers; they firm up once cooled.
- Cookies hold up well at room temperature for a week; they can be frozen or stored in the refrigerator.