easiest sweet potato pie ever!
Don't get me wrong I love Pumpkin Pie, but I'm loving this new creation a lot right now. It's so easy to make that you will fall in love with it too. One reason why I say it is so easy is because I crock pot cooked about 6-10 sweet potatoes at a time, that way I have them ready to go for an easy and fast breakfast or even an afternoon snack. This way I skip the chemicals and preservatives in the can. Homemade is always best, but when we work long hours and maybe are single parents we don't often have the time, so in this case the can is perfectly fine. Second reason why I say it's so easy: you throw everything in the blender. No washing tons of dishes!
Ingredients you will need:
- 3/4 cup Evaporated coconut milk (coconut milk from a can)
- 2 cups Mashed Sweet Potatoes (you can use sweet potato or pumpkin puree from a BPA free can)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon (plus 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, my daughter is allergic to nutmeg)
- 1/2 cup Sugar (you can use an alternative sugar, I used Lakanto golden)
- 2 Eggs room temp (2 Tablespoon ground white chia seeds+ 5 Tablespoon water= 2 eggs)
- 1 Unbaked 9inch Pastry Shell (Wholly Gluten Free)
Directions PREHEAT OVEN TO 425°
- Add in this order to your blender, Evaporated coconut milk, Sweet potatoes, vanilla, cinnamon and sugar. Mix well until combined, it will be thick.
- Add Eggs or Chia egg, mix in with spatula first. turn on blender for about 15 seconds until well combined.
- Pour mixture into unbaked pie crust. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350° and bake for 40 minutes.
- Let cool, serve warm or once completely cooled place in refrigerator and serve cold the next day.